Most people create goals at the start of the year to lose weight, save money, eat better and basically fix all the things they did wrong the previous year. Those seem to be my everyday goals. Ha. Well, I’ve had this mental running list of what I want to do to expand my yoga practice and experiences, and I figured the best way to follow through is to publish it.
Some of it is stuff I’m working on. Some of it is stuff I want to try. Some of it is just for fun. And some of it is to expand my base of knowledge.
- Survive a Bikram class
- Try SUP (Stand-up Paddleboard) Yoga
- Try 5 new teachers
- Attend a group meditation session
- Attend 2 conferences/festivals
- Attend 2 workshops
- Get into and hold Pincha Mayurasana for 5 breaths
- Sit in full lotus
- Bring 3 friends to try their first yoga class
- Read 2 yoga-related books
- Added: Try a yoga nidra class
Of course, I’m always looking for pointers and suggestions, so please feel free to drop them in the comments. I’ve done the same kind of yoga for 6 years, and while I have no intentions to abandon ashtanga or vinyasa, I thought it’d be nice to spread the love a little and get a better feel for what the larger yoga community offers.