I came home to this lovely package on my doorstep a couple weeks ago:
I rave about Kimpton Hotels every chance I get. They are hands-down my favorite boutique hotel group to stay at when I have a choice in accommodations for my travels.
“Why?” you ask.
My husband and I had our first taste of the Kimpton treatment when we stayed at the Hotel Solamar in San Diego on our honeymoon. It looked like a neat hotel in a prime spot, and the price was right. When we checked in, we told them we were on our honeymoon, and they upgraded us to a room with a hot tub – no charge! The room was creatively decorated, and we had fun lounging around in the leopard print robes.
Over the years, I’ve stayed at quite a few Kimpton hotels in Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles and Atlanta (although, the Atlanta one is now a Marriott). Among the many amenities that I’ve enjoyed:
- 5pm wine happy hour, sometimes with delicious appetizer snacks
- Checking out a free yoga kit, which is now available in every room
- Turn down service with little chocolates on my pillow
- $10 mini bar credit for being an InTouch member – and the stuff is GOOD, like Pop Chips and organic chocolate and Tom’s natural toothpaste
- Always free wi-fi as an InTouch member
- A pet goldfish to keep me company during my stay
There was even one Christmas after a very heavy year of work travel that they sent me a Tumi hanging make up bag as a thank you.
As part of their promotion for having yoga mats in all of their hotel rooms, they gave lucky InTouch loyalty members a yoga mat of our own!
So many thank you’s, Kimpton, for always going above and beyond in making your customers feel special.
** I was not compensated a dime for this post, unless you count the yoga mat that they sent without knowing that I would blog my heart out about it. **