Ashtanga Primary at Austin Bouldering Project
First Sunday of the month in 2018, 3:30 – 5 pm
This 90-minute ongoing monthly class will serve as an introduction to the Ashtanga Primary Series, which is the foundation from which many of today’s vinyasa yoga practices stem.
Ashtanga yoga is rooted in the breath and works to reset the nervous system. It is a vigorous, flowing practice that will challenge students of all levels. No previous Ashtanga experience is necessary, although familiarity with sun salutations and having taken a few vinyasa classes are helpful.
- All poses will have modifications to work with students’ levels of strength and flexibility. Blocks and straps are available for those needing extra support
- No previous Ashtanga experience is necessary, although familiarity with sun salutations and a few vinyasa classes under their belts is helpful.
- Building core strength with many vinyasas
- Designed as a purification of the body
- Mental clarity – focus on drishti
- Emphasis on breath control
Check the ABP website for online sign-up
Sunday Funday – Intro to Ashtanga Primary at Austin Bouldering Project
2017: September 3, 10, 17, 24
Sunday Funday – Restorative & Meditation at Austin Bouldering Project
2017: April 2, 9, 23, 30
Sunday Funday – Intro to Vinyasa Yoga at Austin Bouldering Project
2016: September 4, 11, 18, 25
Yoga Foundations Workshop: Sun Salutations at Austin Bouldering Project
2016: April 30